Health & Safety Guidelines
The National Safety Council is thrilled to welcome you to the inaugural NSC Spring Safety Conference & Expo at the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis, IN, May 17-19. NSC is committed to providing an event experience in which our participants, partners and employees can safely and effectively conduct business, network and learn.
As America’s leading nonprofit safety advocate, we will continue to follow scientific research and data to put health and safety first. As the pandemic evolves, we remain flexible in how we manage our protocols, but will continue to communicate to keep everyone safe.
To access the NSC Spring Safety Conference & Expo and to collect your badge, registrants must agree to the COVID-19 protocol noted below. Responses will be captured onsite. The attestation will read:
- Not currently experiencing symptoms consistent with COVID-19 nor tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 10 days,
- Up-to-date on COVID-19 vaccinations OR have tested negative for COVID-19 within the last 24 hours
- Not aware of any close contact with someone who has COVID-19 within the last 2 days, AND
- Not currently isolating or quarantining because of exposure to someone with COVID-19 nor waiting on the results of a COVID-19 test.
- I acknowledge this statement is true (if you acknowledge the statement is true, your next step will be to pick up your badge)
- I decline that each statement above is true (if you acknowledge the statement is true, you will receive an email to proceed to the EHS Specialists)
Registrants will only be allowed to collect their own badge. Attesting for or collecting badges on behalf of other registrants is strictly prohibited.
Face covering protocols will be determined by CDC COVID-19 community-level guidance and local requirements.
Additional Health & Safety Measures
In addition to the above requirements, the following health and safety measures will be in place.
- Enhanced ventilation practices
- Regular cleaning protocols
- Safe distancing practices
- Limited room occupancies
As safety leaders, we share a common understanding that vaccinations and other safety countermeasures are key components of a robust safety protocol for in-person engagements, and we maintain the same safety standard for this event. We appreciate your commitment to safety and cooperation.
By participating in-person, you understand and acknowledge that you risk exposure to and contraction of potentially dangerous disease (COVID-19). You understand and acknowledge the risks associated with diseases and viruses and you are fully aware that exposure may result in, including without limitation, infection, illness, injury, or otherwise. In consideration of the above, you hereby release National Safety Council of any liability related to your attendance.
We ask for your patience as we continue to monitor CDC guidelines. Please check back frequently for updates. We look forward to seeing you in Indianapolis, IN, May 17-19.