Call for Proposals
The National Safety Council is seeking industry experts like you to share their expertise with safety, health, and environmental professionals who are eager to continue learning all year long. The 2024 NSC Spring Safety Conference & Expo provides another opportunity for safety, health, and environmental professionals to come together for networking opportunities, access to high-quality education, and the chance to see the latest products on the Expo floor. This year, the event will be held near Chicago, May 14-16, 2024 at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, IL, just minutes from O'Hare Airport.
Proposals should not be a sales pitch. If you are a consultant or exhibitor, we recommend you include a customer to present with you.
Proposal Criteria and Requirements
- All proposals must be submitted via the online application.
- Presenters must be available to deliver their presentation in person on May 14 -16, 2024.
- Proposals will be scheduled in the following formats:
- 60-minute lecture with Q&A
- 60-minute panel discussion (limit of 4 panelists per presentation, panelists must be included in the submission)
- 30-45 minute mini session on the Expo Floor
- Proposals should allow attendees to be actively engaged and include techniques and best practices in one of the tracks listed below
- All presentations must adhere to NSC branding guidelines and use the approved PowerPoint template.
- Presentations should include handouts and or other takeaways for attendees
Topical Submission Guide
Proposals are to be submitted under the following subject tracks. Case studies, research and personal stories will be considered.
Programs and processes that facilitate S&H reporting, metrics, analysis, incident learning, organizational learning, audits, program review, and S&H professional development.
Programs and processes that surveil and control or eliminate workplace hazards.
Programs and processes that identify and prioritize workplace hazards.
Programs and processes that assess risk, manage S&H documentation, promote worker health and well-being, manage S&H training and communications, ensure regulatory compliance, and manage maintenance, inspections, management of change, and emergency response plans and procedures.
Organizational leadership value of and commitment to safety and health and fully integrating S&H into the business process.
Organizational culture that recognizes, promotes, and operationalizes safety and health programs related to worker protection, DEI, and external stakeholders.
Worker involvement in safety and health.
Submissions are welcome from a varied level of experience and expertise.
Geared toward the attendee who is:
- New to the safety industry and has had little or no training
- 1-3 years experience
Geared toward the attendee who:
- Has experience in the field and wants to build on it
- 4-9 years experience
Geared toward the attendee who:
- Is considered a “seasoned” safety and health professional
- 10+ years experience
- Each speaker will receive a complimentary badge for the Full Conference & Expo. Access to the Professional Development Seminars requires a separate fee.
- Speakers will not be reimbursed for any hotel or travel expenses incurred.
- Speakers must sign a speaker agreement upon acceptance of the proposal
Deadline for Proposals
Proposals must be complete and submitted by Friday, December 15, 2023. Submissions will be reviewed by the Conference Program Committee and submitters will be notified of the Committee's decision in January.
For additional information, please include the event name in your subject line and contact:
NSC Conference Program Manager